Friday 30 December 2016

Target Audience Research

Survey Monkey Research Questionnaire

Having watched many crime films before carrying out my Questionnaire I had already come to the conclusion my film idea would be pitched at an older audience of mainly adults and had envisioned an age rage of around 15-50 years of age of a male gender. I calculated this by taking into account the violence within my opening and the themes it had within, so taking this into account I decided to target my questions at that age range asking mainly adults.  


Questions and results

How old are you?

As I found most people were above 15 who wanted to watch this film and I had also seen I had attracted people over 30 which links to my prediction


What is your gender?

Also unsurprisingly I found my film should be aimed towards the male audience as it is uncommon for crime films to be aimed at a women audience.

Are you interested in Crime Thriller films?

From research I also found that no one I asked from the targeted audience was disinterested in Crime Thriller films proving it to be a successful genre to be using for my opening.

Do you enjoy violent elements to the film or prefer them to be off camera?

I chose to ask this question as from the pitch feedback there were some concerns about the violent elements my opening contained however from research I found people liked the violent elements and from the people asked none said they disliked the violent elements so rife in crime films.

Do Mafia films interest you?

For this one I also found most people enjoyed watching crime films including organised crime such as mafia and gang content.

What are your favourite elements of crime films?

For this question I really wanted to further explore what it was about crime films people enjoy so I could replicate these elements into my opening, I tailored the options also around the possibilities of my opening to include. I found fight scenes and location to be the two strongest things people liked which means I will have to find a very interesting location to film at that will have viewers visually pleased and a place that will suit the mood to my opening.

Who do you watch crime films with?

I found people to watch crime films with people of a similar age group so partners and friends which reinforced my idea of a target audience.

Do you have a famous Crime Film Director?

I found also people who watched Crime Films did not specifically have a favoured style the directors produce and were not as knowledgeable about crime films and just enjoyed watching them.

Roughly how many crime films have you seen this year? (2016)

From the people I had asked I found a lot of them were repeat watchers of crime films and that some of them had even watched above 10 films so far this year! making them a very sought after film genre.

What's your favourite setting of a crime film?

I found people loved the classic 70s crime films such as the GodFather type time period however people also loved to watch newer crime films set in modern times too and no one had an interest in Crime Films set in the far past around WW1 time. My opening is set in the present so this should not be a problem for my film also.




From this data I conclude my primary audience to be of age 15-50 males as this comes across in my data and through looking at similar films and data across various websites.





  





No comments:

Post a Comment